Zung and I took Nicholas, our oldest son (31) to the Napa Valley right after New Year’s. It was a redo of our trip we were supposed to take there during the week of the fires. I am not going to do a full trip report of it. But I did learn a few things that I wanted to share
1. Don’t make early tasting appointments. That only works on the first day.
2. Drink water, drink water, drink water! Lots of water.
3. No more than two appointments a day. Even if I was able to do this in the past. This can decrease with age. And apparently has.
4. Eat breakfast, eat lunch, and eat at any winery that offers food.
5. There is an inverse proportion to how Disney-esque a winery is with how good the wine will be.
6. The drought is over. When it says it’s going to rain, it really is. Take an umbrella.
7. Be careful, there will be a hole in your pocket at the end of the day. The wines taste better at the end of the testing, when they ask if you want to buy anything.
8. Leave time for a nap at the end of the day.